SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
Our Water and Sanitation (WASH) Program Rural
SNV began activities in the WASH sector in Indonesia in 2013. The Rural Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for All programme will benefit 220.000 persons living in the rural areas of the Lampung Province (Tanggamus, Lampung Selatan and Pringsewu districts), by supporting the Local Government in rolling out the national STBM (Sanitasi Total Berbasis Masyarakat) programme.
To support the programme implementation, SNV is now seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill the post of Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) Advisor (Rural).
The CLTS Advisor in responsible for strengthening the capacity for the steering and implementation of sanitation demand creation activities at scale. The CLTS Advisor creates momentum for change related to elimination of open defecation by promoting and building capacity for broad coverage.
Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) Advisor - Based in Lampung, Indonesia
- Advanced degree in related field;
- At least 5 years of experience working for international organizations in a CLTS or demand creation advisory capacity;
- Demonstrated knowledge of CLTS approaches and methodology and experience leading sanitation demand creation activities in Africa or Asia;
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills;
- Knowledge and skills in project planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E);
- Experience working with local communities and government agencies at national, provincial, and local levels;
- Advanced facilitation, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- Good organizing skills and interpersonal skills, with a mature attitude
- Initiative and creative in solving problems
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good computer skills (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power Point, Internet and E-mail)
Lampung Selatan district in Lampung Province, with frequent travels to sub-districts and villages of the designated district.Contract duration:
1 year contract with the possibility of extension.
- Lead process to develop Sanitation Demand Creation toolkits;
- Undertake training of trainers and direct training of facilitators for demand creation activities;
- Plan, develop, and conduct CLTS training workshops for a range of audiences;
- Assess the capacity of relevant line agencies;
- Identify government entities with the capacity to ensure scalable service delivery;
- Build the capacity of district level implementers to ensure effective implementation at scale;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of CLTS implementation by stakeholders operating at various levels;
- Manage the implementation of CLTS workshops by trained facilitators;
- Financial management of support triggering activities;
- Provide technical support for post-triggering activities including the provision and communication of informed choice material;
- Develop post-ODF plans and identify follow-up activities;
The CLTS Advisor will work closely with the Sanitation Supply Chain Advisor to ensure that the supply-side interventions have sufficiently taken place before launching demand creation activities, and with the WASH BCC Advisor to ensure the long-term hygiene behavioural change communication forms a part of post-triggering activities.
Please send application letter directly addressing the candidate profile and CV (in English) to [email protected]
by 31 July 2014 with subject: CLTS Lampung.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
Thursday, July 31, 2014